- BEST BET: Winter Garden HalloweenFestPosted 13 hours ago
- Dr. Phillips, WO girls golf place fourth, fifth at statesPosted 15 hours ago
- Health Central Hospital prepares for EbolaPosted 19 hours ago
- Florida Hospital pours foundation for Winter Garden campusPosted 19 hours ago
- Winter Garden, Ocoee enter 911-call partnershipPosted 20 hours ago
- NFL Alumni form Central Florida Chapter in Windermere Town HallPosted 20 hours ago
- Join the West Orange Times’ Reading Reindeer programPosted 20 hours ago
- Happy 103rd, Dr. Albert GleasonPosted 20 hours ago
- Volunteers needed for Relay for LifePosted 20 hours ago
- PULP NON-FICTION: Second-grade teacher impressive in recent visitPosted 20 hours ago
All posts tagged "crime"
Orange County Sheriffs investigate home invasion
Units of the Orange County Sheriff’s Office responded to a home invasion incident involving semi-automatic handguns at 3:51 a.m. Friday, Oct. 24, at 7308 Burnway Drive in the Dr. Phillips area. Officers met a witness who said...
- Posted October 24, 2014
Two Ocoee men indicted in contract fraud and kickback scheme
According to a federal release, a federal grand jury has indicted Rudy Rampertab, 45, and Suraj Patel, 34, of Ocoee, on charges of connections with a $3.5 million shipping and packaging contract fraud scheme. Carter M. Stewart,...
- Posted October 20, 2014
Two suspects arrested in Winter Garden homicide
At approximately 2:55 a.m. on Saturday, October 18, the Winter Garden Police Department received a call in reference to a fight in progress at 521 S. Park Ave., the Winter Garden Village Apartments. The caller said the fight...
- Posted October 18, 2014
Cops Corner 10.09.14
OCOEE SEPT. 23 EXPENSIVE TASTE 10000 block of West Colonial Drive. Suspicious person. A store manager told police that two unknown suspects used various credit cards to try to purchase numerous bottles of expensive wine. The suspects...
- Posted October 9, 2014
West Orange High shooter pleads no contest
The 18-year-old man who pleaded no contest on charges associated with a December 2013 shooting at West Orange High School also is facing charges for a murder that took place just nine days earlier. J’Morian Bell has...
- Posted October 8, 2014
Cops Corner 09.25.14
Ocoee Police Sept. 16 1200 block of Russell Drive. Vehicle burglary. A purse containing jewelry, money and other items, with a total value of $16,414, was stolen from a vehicle parked outside of a residence sometime between...
- Posted September 25, 2014
Police search for attemped kidnapping suspect
Police are looking for a man who reportedly tried to kidnap an 11-year-old boy near West Oaks Library, in Ocoee. Between 2:45 and 3 p.m. Aug. 25, a white man in a black, beat-up and rusty four-door...
- Posted September 4, 2014
Alleged scammer turns himself in
A 36-year-old man who is no stranger to law-enforcement officials turned himself in July 31 at the Orange County Jail. Jeremiah Hutto, whose last known address is in Winter Garden, had been sought by Windermere and Oakland police...
- Posted July 31, 2014
Night of violence ends with one teen dead, another jailed
A 19-year-old Oakland man remained in the Orange County Jail July 30 on charges stemming from a reported carjacking that ended with the death of his alleged accomplice. Kenneth Tyrone Linton was booked at the jail July...
- Posted July 30, 2014
Cops Corner 06.19.14
Vandal causes major damage Two speed limit signs, a “No Exit” sign and part of a fence were pulled from the ground and crepe myrtle trees were damaged along Montgomery Avenue in Ocoee at about 2:50 a.m....
- Posted June 19, 2014