- Two Ocoee men indicted in contract fraud and kickback schemePosted 1 day ago
- PHOTO GALLERY: Westbrooke Elementary Fall CarnivalPosted 1 day ago
- PHOTO GALLERY: Foundation Academy HoedownPosted 2 days ago
- Two suspects arrested in Winter Garden homicidePosted 3 days ago
- Saturday Morning Quarterback: Week Eight reportPosted 3 days ago
- Fall festivals overtake WindermerePosted 4 days ago
- Travelin’ Times: IslamoradaPosted 5 days ago
- LETTER: Where is Winter Garden’s 9/11 memorial?Posted 5 days ago
- Support our Reading Reindeer programPosted 5 days ago
- Cangelosi receives U.S. Air Force awardPosted 5 days ago
Windermere Briefs 08.07.14
+ Lynch and team join RE/MAX
Helen L. Lynch, PA (broker associate) and team, Robert and Larry Lynch, have joined RE/MAX Showcase, near the northeast corner of Conroy Windermere Road and Apopka Vineland Road, as the newest member of its sales associates. The Lynch team brings to the office more than 37 years of real-estate experience.
+ Harb named to Dean’s List
Brianna J. Harb, of Windermere, was named to the spring 2014 semester Dean’s List at Virginia Tech, in Blacksburg, Va. She is a junior majoring in international studies in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences.
+ Roche earns Master’s
Ariane J. Roche, a 2005 Olympia High School grad and the daughter of Jim and Mary Roche, of Windermere, graduated in June with a Master’s degree in Business Administration from the Sloan School of Management at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, in Cambridge, Mass.
+ Chef is guest speaker
The Rotary Club of Windermere welcomed back its favorite chef, Christina Kernohan, July 29 after a temporary leave of absence. Club President Stephen Withers gave her an orchid for all she has done for the club members. Withers was decked out in a tropical shirt to remind everyone that the Club’s annual Lobster & Luau event is fast approaching.
+ Crafters wanted
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church is in need of crafters starting at 10:30 a.m. every Tuesday and at 6:30 p.m. on the first and fourth Tuesdays. Participants should bring a bag lunch. All groups will meet in the St. Luke’s Fellowship Hall.