- Two Ocoee men indicted in contract fraud and kickback schemePosted 2 days ago
- PHOTO GALLERY: Westbrooke Elementary Fall CarnivalPosted 2 days ago
- PHOTO GALLERY: Foundation Academy HoedownPosted 2 days ago
- Two suspects arrested in Winter Garden homicidePosted 4 days ago
- Saturday Morning Quarterback: Week Eight reportPosted 4 days ago
- Fall festivals overtake WindermerePosted 4 days ago
- Travelin’ Times: IslamoradaPosted 6 days ago
- LETTER: Where is Winter Garden’s 9/11 memorial?Posted 6 days ago
- Support our Reading Reindeer programPosted 6 days ago
- Cangelosi receives U.S. Air Force awardPosted 6 days ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.