- PHOTO GALLERY: Foundation Academy’s 5K Patsy and Patti Care Run/WalkPosted 2 days ago
- PHOTO GALLERY: 3rd Wheel dot Org at Winter Garden LibraryPosted 2 days ago
- West Orange falls big to Apopka in playoffs, 42-0Posted 2 days ago
- Windermere Elementary celebrates Grandparents DayPosted 3 days ago
- Boys soccer: WO, Olympia battle to 1-1 drawPosted 3 days ago
- Stakes high as WO preps for rematch with Apopka in state playoffsPosted 4 days ago
- 46 area seniors sign NLIs during Early Signing PeriodPosted 4 days ago
- Lakeview grows hydroponic gardenPosted 4 days ago
- Girls basketball: Team-by-team previewPosted 4 days ago
- Cops Corner 11.20.14Posted 4 days ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.