- WEEKEND BEST BET: Eco-Movie MatineePosted 5 hours ago
- Walmart, Publix confirmed for Hamlin retail developmentPosted 19 hours ago
- Local family has open-door policy, serving as foster parents for more than a decadePosted 1 day ago
- Cathartic ExperiencePosted 1 day ago
- Class Notes 05.28.15Posted 1 day ago
- Cops Corner 05.28.15Posted 1 day ago
- Old Times 05.28.15Posted 1 day ago
- Ocoee High School alumna dances for Orlando PredatorsPosted 1 day ago
- 05.28.15 Winner: Lisa LehmannPosted 1 day ago
- Dr. Phillips home tops salesPosted 1 day ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.