- Saturday Morning Quarterback: Week Four reportPosted 3 days ago
- PREVIEW: Division up for grabs when CFCA takes on OCP, other Week Four actionPosted 4 days ago
- Cross country: Region has developed reputation for stiff competitionPosted 4 days ago
- Warriors, Lakers commanding attention after Week Three winsPosted 4 days ago
- Learning is fun at Westbrooke ElementaryPosted 4 days ago
- Thornebrooke students enjoy first Spirit DayPosted 4 days ago
- SunRidge Elementary students SOARPosted 4 days ago
- SunRidge Middle students return to their rootsPosted 4 days ago
- Reading essential at Oakland Presbyterian Preschool VPKPosted 4 days ago
- West Orange Montessori kicks off new yearPosted 4 days ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.