- Windermere celebrates Halloween at town hallPosted 15 hours ago
- Orange County Sheriffs investigate home invasionPosted 2 days ago
- PHOTO GALLERY: Southwest FestivalPosted 2 days ago
- WEEKEND BEST BET: 17th annual Oakland Heritage FestivalPosted 2 days ago
- Ocoee Haunted House frightens thousands for seventh yearPosted 3 days ago
- Windermere Police writes citations for child bicyclistsPosted 3 days ago
- Windermere Council requests changes to Windsong development planPosted 3 days ago
- District-by-district analysis: Races clearer following Week Eight resultsPosted 3 days ago
- Class Notes 10.23.14Posted 3 days ago
- Winter Garden to throw Halloween bashPosted 3 days ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.