- MY VIEW: Millage-rate renewal critical to continued successPosted 8 hours ago
- BEST BET: Winter Garden HalloweenFestPosted 1 day ago
- Dr. Phillips, WO girls golf place fourth, fifth at statesPosted 1 day ago
- Health Central Hospital prepares for EbolaPosted 1 day ago
- Florida Hospital pours foundation for Winter Garden campusPosted 1 day ago
- Winter Garden, Ocoee enter 911-call partnershipPosted 1 day ago
- NFL Alumni form Central Florida Chapter in Windermere Town HallPosted 1 day ago
- Join the West Orange Times’ Reading Reindeer programPosted 1 day ago
- Happy 103rd, Dr. Albert GleasonPosted 1 day ago
- Volunteers needed for Relay for LifePosted 1 day ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.