- Long-awaited Ocoee website overhaul goes livePosted 12 hours ago
- Foundation Academy baseball tops CFCA, 5-2Posted 3 days ago
- WO softball falls to Apopka on road, 6-5Posted 3 days ago
- West Orange girls lacrosse cruises to win over UniversityPosted 4 days ago
- Winter Garden to host annual Blues & BBQ FestivalPosted 5 days ago
- Indies make silver-screen debuts Starlite film festivalPosted 5 days ago
- Quick Hits 02.26.15Posted 5 days ago
- 2015 ELECTION Q&A: Winter Garden City CommissionPosted 5 days ago
- 2015 ELECTION Q&A: Windermere Town CouncilPosted 5 days ago
- Standout southpaw Juan Hillman is ready to lead nationally ranked Olympia baseballPosted 5 days ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.