- West Orange High thespians stage flash mob in TargetPosted 3 hours ago
- Ocoee City Commission approves church school planPosted 4 hours ago
- GALLERY: Windermere ToastmastersPosted 17 hours ago
- GALLERY: Ocoee Bulldogs take down ApopkaPosted 18 hours ago
- GALLERY: Windermere Observer Launch PartyPosted 2 days ago
- GALLERY: Community Family Dance at the Winter Garden Heritage FoundationPosted 4 days ago
- GALLERY: Winter Garden library 10th anniversary partyPosted 4 days ago
- GALLERY: Olympia Homecoming 2015Posted 4 days ago
- GALLERY: West Orange defense shines in 28-3 win at ApopkaPosted 4 days ago
- GALLERY: Olympia football extends win streakPosted 5 days ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.