- WOHS hosts food drive with churches, Feeding Children EverywherePosted 5 hours ago
- Cops Corner 11.26.14Posted 5 hours ago
- Westside Tech students build homes, spirit in Habitat partnershipPosted 5 hours ago
- Ocoee High robotics teacher utilizes LEGOs in classroomPosted 8 hours ago
- Community leaders share sentiments of the seasonPosted 8 hours ago
- Old Times 11.27.14Posted 9 hours ago
- Keene’s Pointe home tops weekly salesPosted 9 hours ago
- Ocoee Poker Run benefits toy drive Posted 9 hours ago
- From the WGHF Archives 11.27.14Posted 9 hours ago
- Reading Reindeer supports Migrant Early Ed with booksPosted 9 hours ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.