- GALLERY: Windermere Prep falls in thriller to St. Stephen’s EpiscopalPosted 1 day ago
- Legacy shuts out CFCA in battle of Ocoee’s EaglesPosted 2 days ago
- Friday Night Scoreboard: Week One resultsPosted 2 days ago
- GALLERY: West Orange Vs. Foundation AcademyPosted 2 days ago
- Winter Garden woman dies in Brevard County crashPosted 3 days ago
- GALLERY: Area volleyball teams return to actionPosted 3 days ago
- Julestrong: Windermere fourth-grader in fight for her life has community’s supportPosted 4 days ago
- 2015 Prep Football Preview is herePosted 4 days ago
- Design firm helps shape with strategy behind Hamlin projectPosted 4 days ago
- Candidates for West Orange House seat address latest mapPosted 4 days ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.