- GALLERY: Mayor Vandergrift’s Retirement PartyPosted 4 hours ago
- Reduced Horizon West residential plan receives county transmittalPosted 1 day ago
- Break-in victims search for lost dogPosted 2 days ago
- Longtime recreation director accepts new postPosted 2 days ago
- Church youth group spends life-changing week serving deaf children in JamaicaPosted 2 days ago
- Residents remain concerned about Gotha developmentPosted 3 days ago
- Nonprofit helps Orange County preemies, parentsPosted 3 days ago
- Winter Garden resident featured in ‘Unselfish’ bookPosted 3 days ago
- West Orange resident returns to open new pet resortPosted 3 days ago
- Strength, conditioning programs take center stage during summerPosted 3 days ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.