- Ocoee Police plays kickball with local childrenPosted 2 days ago
- SUV overturned in wreck at Good Homes and White roadsPosted 2 days ago
- Windermere native, former Olympia teacher sets course record at marathon in AntarcticaPosted 2 days ago
- Home at Last selects 2015 home recipientPosted 2 days ago
- Walking Dead casts Windermere resident Jordan Woods-Robinson as EricPosted 2 days ago
- Windermere Prep’s Rylan Thomas has made an immediate impact in two sportsPosted 2 days ago
- Florida Film Academy student funds hospital gift through birthday donationsPosted 2 days ago
- ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Isabella DelgadoPosted 2 days ago
- Austin Bergner leads way for LakersPosted 2 days ago
- Isleworth home sells for $3.45 millionPosted 2 days ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.