- PREVIEW: W.O. hosts Apopka to highlight Week Six slatePosted 3 hours ago
- W.O.’s Brandon Wilson has committed to Virginia, is leader for Warriors’ defensePosted 3 hours ago
- FHSAA opts to keep hoops finals in LakelandPosted 3 hours ago
- ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: William WrigleyPosted 3 hours ago
- West Orange Times introduces new free editionPosted 5 hours ago
- Windermere introduces two new celebrationsPosted 5 hours ago
- Central Florida Y president, CEO announces retirementPosted 5 hours ago
- Class Notes 10.02.14Posted 5 hours ago
- MY VIEW: School district receives Broad Prize for Urban EducationPosted 6 hours ago
- Lake Hancock home tops Winter Garden salesPosted 6 hours ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.