- PHOTO GALLERY: Winter Garden Relay for LifePosted 2 days ago
- Olympia girls lacrosse heading to state after 15-6 win over Timber CreekPosted 2 days ago
- Dr. Phillips baseball tops Boone in extra innings to take district titlePosted 2 days ago
- WGPD seeks Dollar Tree voyeurism suspectPosted 3 days ago
- Weekend Best Bet: Welcome Reception for Marine FamilyPosted 3 days ago
- West Orange softball tops DP in playoffs behind freshman’s big night at platePosted 3 days ago
- Oakland leaders honor Milfred, town’s wandering rooster, with proclamationPosted 4 days ago
- Winter Garden family chosen as ambassadors for March of Dimes walkPosted 4 days ago
- Dr. Phillips Charities to construct $75 million senior living campusPosted 4 days ago
- ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Darryl GayPosted 4 days ago
Take a Hike with Jim
Oakland Nature Preserve invites everyone to enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk to Lake Apopka, guided by Jim Peterson, at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 9. Peterson is the president of ONP and supervisor of the St. John’s River Water Management District’s Lake Apopka Field Station.
Guests can see the wetlands and lake from a water manager’s perspective. This event is free to the public; ONP is at 747 Machete Trail, Oakland. The Take a Hike Program is offered on the second Saturday of every month.
For additional information, call (407) 509-0054.