- PHOTO GALLERY: Tibet-Butler Preserve’s Eggstraordinary!Posted 14 hours ago
- Ocoee Police plays kickball with local childrenPosted 4 days ago
- SUV overturned in wreck at Good Homes and White roadsPosted 4 days ago
- Windermere native, former Olympia teacher sets course record at marathon in AntarcticaPosted 5 days ago
- Home at Last selects 2015 home recipientPosted 5 days ago
- Walking Dead casts Windermere resident Jordan Woods-Robinson as EricPosted 5 days ago
- Windermere Prep’s Rylan Thomas has made an immediate impact in two sportsPosted 5 days ago
- Florida Film Academy student funds hospital gift through birthday donationsPosted 5 days ago
- ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Isabella DelgadoPosted 5 days ago
- Austin Bergner leads way for LakersPosted 5 days ago
A lifetime Lion
Ocoee Lions Club member Herschel Luce recently was approved for life membership in the club. Life membership is for members who have maintained active membership for a number of years and have rendered outstanding service to their club, community and/or Lions Club International.
Luce joined the Pitman, N.J., Lions Club in 1952, the Lantana Lions Club in South Florida in 1978 and the Ocoee Lions Club in 2004. He has held several leadership positions, including deputy district governor, zone chair and club president, secretary and treasurer.
Luce also has been guest editor of the Florida Lions Magazine, as well as a regular at Ocoee Lions Club meetings, fundraisers and events, including turkey shoots and Christmas parades. Luce has had a long career in law enforcement, and he will be married to his wife, Jean, for 48 years in September.
He now attends meetings with one of the Club’s newest members, his daughter, Dianne Ketts.