- GALLERY: Windermere Spring Fest 2015Posted 22 hours ago
- GALLERY: 2015 Big Orange GamesPosted 1 day ago
- Dr. Phillips boys lacrosse tops West Orange in playoff thrillerPosted 2 days ago
- GALLERY: Olympia High School’s “Hairspray”Posted 2 days ago
- Bubbles could help clean Lake ApopkaPosted 3 days ago
- Independence unites for car-crash victimPosted 3 days ago
- Winter Garden commission approves Cypress Reserve developmentPosted 3 days ago
- 04.16.15 Winner: Kimberli WhitePosted 3 days ago
- Class Notes 04.16.15Posted 3 days ago
- Obituaries 04.16.15Posted 3 days ago
Jazz Band raising money for Chicago
The Jazz Ensemble at West Orange High School has been invited to attend an annual clinic in Chicago and now must raise funds to make the trip.
The 68th Annual Midwest Clinic is an international band and orchestra event that averages 17,000 attendees from more than 30 countries and features performing ensembles from all around the globe.
Band Director Ken Boyd hopes to raise enough money so all students can go. The trip is Dec. 16-20 and will cost approximately $36,000.
Attendees will watch multiple concerts while they are there, including the Chicago Symphony Brass, and will have a chance to meet professors from more than 80 colleges who will be presenting at the clinic.
The community can sponsor a member of the jazz band by mailing a check payable to West Orange High School Band, 1625 Beulah Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787. Donations are tax-deductible. Individuals or businesses that sponsor the band will be advertised in all of the jazz band’s programs for the upcoming school year.