- Saturday Morning Quarterback: Week Four reportPosted 1 day ago
- PREVIEW: Division up for grabs when CFCA takes on OCP, other Week Four actionPosted 2 days ago
- Cross country: Region has developed reputation for stiff competitionPosted 2 days ago
- Warriors, Lakers commanding attention after Week Three winsPosted 2 days ago
- Learning is fun at Westbrooke ElementaryPosted 3 days ago
- Thornebrooke students enjoy first Spirit DayPosted 3 days ago
- SunRidge Elementary students SOARPosted 3 days ago
- SunRidge Middle students return to their rootsPosted 3 days ago
- Reading essential at Oakland Presbyterian Preschool VPKPosted 3 days ago
- West Orange Montessori kicks off new yearPosted 3 days ago
Jazz Band raising money for Chicago
The Jazz Ensemble at West Orange High School has been invited to attend an annual clinic in Chicago and now must raise funds to make the trip.
The 68th Annual Midwest Clinic is an international band and orchestra event that averages 17,000 attendees from more than 30 countries and features performing ensembles from all around the globe.
Band Director Ken Boyd hopes to raise enough money so all students can go. The trip is Dec. 16-20 and will cost approximately $36,000.
Attendees will watch multiple concerts while they are there, including the Chicago Symphony Brass, and will have a chance to meet professors from more than 80 colleges who will be presenting at the clinic.
The community can sponsor a member of the jazz band by mailing a check payable to West Orange High School Band, 1625 Beulah Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787. Donations are tax-deductible. Individuals or businesses that sponsor the band will be advertised in all of the jazz band’s programs for the upcoming school year.