- Ocoee Police plays kickball with local childrenPosted 1 day ago
- SUV overturned in wreck at Good Homes and White roadsPosted 1 day ago
- Windermere native, former Olympia teacher sets course record at marathon in AntarcticaPosted 1 day ago
- Home at Last selects 2015 home recipientPosted 1 day ago
- Walking Dead casts Windermere resident Jordan Woods-Robinson as EricPosted 2 days ago
- Windermere Prep’s Rylan Thomas has made an immediate impact in two sportsPosted 2 days ago
- Florida Film Academy student funds hospital gift through birthday donationsPosted 2 days ago
- ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Isabella DelgadoPosted 2 days ago
- Austin Bergner leads way for LakersPosted 2 days ago
- Isleworth home sells for $3.45 millionPosted 2 days ago
Jazz Band raising money for Chicago
The Jazz Ensemble at West Orange High School has been invited to attend an annual clinic in Chicago and now must raise funds to make the trip.
The 68th Annual Midwest Clinic is an international band and orchestra event that averages 17,000 attendees from more than 30 countries and features performing ensembles from all around the globe.
Band Director Ken Boyd hopes to raise enough money so all students can go. The trip is Dec. 16-20 and will cost approximately $36,000.
Attendees will watch multiple concerts while they are there, including the Chicago Symphony Brass, and will have a chance to meet professors from more than 80 colleges who will be presenting at the clinic.
The community can sponsor a member of the jazz band by mailing a check payable to West Orange High School Band, 1625 Beulah Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787. Donations are tax-deductible. Individuals or businesses that sponsor the band will be advertised in all of the jazz band’s programs for the upcoming school year.