- GALLERY: Windermere Observer Launch PartyPosted 1 day ago
- GALLERY: Community Family Dance at the Winter Garden Heritage FoundationPosted 3 days ago
- GALLERY: Winter Garden library 10th anniversary partyPosted 3 days ago
- GALLERY: Olympia Homecoming 2015Posted 3 days ago
- GALLERY: West Orange defense shines in 28-3 win at ApopkaPosted 3 days ago
- GALLERY: Olympia football extends win streakPosted 4 days ago
- Late miscues cost Knights in 28-17 lossPosted 4 days ago
- Friday Night Scoreboard: Week Six resultsPosted 4 days ago
- GALLERY: Ocoee High School HomecomingPosted 4 days ago
- GALLERY: Ocoee Vs. HagertyPosted 4 days ago
Jazz Band raising money for Chicago
The Jazz Ensemble at West Orange High School has been invited to attend an annual clinic in Chicago and now must raise funds to make the trip.
The 68th Annual Midwest Clinic is an international band and orchestra event that averages 17,000 attendees from more than 30 countries and features performing ensembles from all around the globe.
Band Director Ken Boyd hopes to raise enough money so all students can go. The trip is Dec. 16-20 and will cost approximately $36,000.
Attendees will watch multiple concerts while they are there, including the Chicago Symphony Brass, and will have a chance to meet professors from more than 80 colleges who will be presenting at the clinic.
The community can sponsor a member of the jazz band by mailing a check payable to West Orange High School Band, 1625 Beulah Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787. Donations are tax-deductible. Individuals or businesses that sponsor the band will be advertised in all of the jazz band’s programs for the upcoming school year.